The ethos that I used in my speech is that of a veteran zoo keeper. The pathos that I used was that I wanted the new worker to feel amused and enthralled about his/her new job.
I think you did a great job with the ethos of this story. I felt like you knew a lot about what you were talking about and it was believable that you were a veteran zoo keeper. I think you also did an excellent job with the pathos because while I was listening to you speak i was extremely amused by the content and the way you told your story. Something you might want to work on for next time is not looking down at the paper you took some notes on.
Corey: You need more of a plan here; too much of this seems as if you're not sure what you're going to say. While the story might be a zoo keeper story, you don't really get into the role of a veteran zoo keeper. You need to think about how to sound and act like this character, how you can convey the fact that you ARE this keeper (not just that you can tell a story from this point of view). I'm not sure I get the "enthralled" experience, either. I think you need to do some more planning with this one. It's a bit too casual to accomplish what you want it to accomplish.
Yes, This speech does to a certain extent convey the ethos of the story. Corey includes a lot of detail that confirms the "veteran" status of his job (ie. different kinds of animals, food, etc..). However, Corey's voice, body movement does not display the character as much. Corey can alter his vocal and his body language to convey the character more.
I like the story but i did not feel to much involved in the story. Maybe you could have been a little more enter active with the camera. During the whole video you sounded super serious, have fun! You had a lot to say which tells me that you knew a lot about the subject.
I think you did a great job with the ethos of this story. I felt like you knew a lot about what you were talking about and it was believable that you were a veteran zoo keeper. I think you also did an excellent job with the pathos because while I was listening to you speak i was extremely amused by the content and the way you told your story. Something you might want to work on for next time is not looking down at the paper you took some notes on.
ReplyDeleteCorey: You need more of a plan here; too much of this seems as if you're not sure what you're going to say. While the story might be a zoo keeper story, you don't really get into the role of a veteran zoo keeper. You need to think about how to sound and act like this character, how you can convey the fact that you ARE this keeper (not just that you can tell a story from this point of view). I'm not sure I get the "enthralled" experience, either. I think you need to do some more planning with this one. It's a bit too casual to accomplish what you want it to accomplish.
ReplyDeleteYes, This speech does to a certain extent convey the ethos of the story. Corey includes a lot of detail that confirms the "veteran" status of his job (ie. different kinds of animals, food, etc..). However, Corey's voice, body movement does not display the character as much. Corey can alter his vocal and his body language to convey the character more.
ReplyDeleteI like the story but i did not feel to much involved in the story. Maybe you could have been a little more enter active with the camera. During the whole video you sounded super serious, have fun! You had a lot to say which tells me that you knew a lot about the subject.
ReplyDelete